***THIS POST CONTAINS SOME SERIOUS KNOWLEDGE BOMBS***
It is a rainy day out here in NYC, but we all know that the great sunny days are just around the corner, so I dont mind at all! Just gives me more time to sexify myself before the sun really comes out!
I weighed myself the other day and realized I dropped about 20 pounds – the only major change was my DIET!
I cleaned up my diet a ton in the last 2 months, cooking at home more often, switching my daily cup of coffee to green tea, and upping my fish oil intake to 2-3 grams daily. My breakfasts have been consistent, usually a 3 egg mixed veggie (onions, peppers, mushrooms) omlette with one yolk. Consistently eating breakfast is so important, research studies have shown that there is a high correlation between low body fat levels and consistently eating breakfast.
New research from Virginia Commonwealth University found that a high-protein breakfast (containing 40 grams of protein) is one key to weight loss.
In this eight-month study, obese individuals who ate a 600-calorie breakfast (and a small lunch and dinner) lost an average of 40 pounds, which is huge when you compare it to the weight loss results in typical diet studies.
I have heard it all – people always complain and say that they only have time for a bowl of cereal in the morning. . . if that! If you have been reading my blog, you know my thoughts on cereal and how nutritionally deficient a bowl of it really is.
The other day I was rushing to get out of my house, and only had time for a bowl of something – So I put some frozen berries in a bowl and nuked them in the microwave for about 40 seconds until they were room temperature. After that I threw in a handful of walnuts and was good to go!
The Berry Bowl – easy, simple, fast, healthy, energizing, and a meal choice that will effectively burn off fat over time.
People eat too much based on convenience, and we are conditioned to believe that we NEED a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Be creative and have a bowl of something healthy instead, this choice will do wonders for your body.
I have a lot more to say about berries –
- For starters – They taste great!
- There are plenty of different varieties with distinct flavors – strawberry, blackberry, raspberry . . . and you can even even find them growing wildly in NY.
- Let’s get one thing straight – MONAVIE – ITS A F*CKING BERRY! – Why are people shelling out $40 a bottle when they get the same effect by eating more BERRIES?! COME ON PEOPLE!
- Berries are not only sources of concentrated flavor and sweetie goodness, but little packets of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. For example, a cup of sliced strawberries contains a whole day’s requirement for vitamin C. A cup of blackberries contain a day’s worth of manganese, while the same amount of raspberries supplies a third of our daily niacin needs.
- Blueberries and strawberries are surprisingly good sources of vitamin E.
- All berries contain between 4 and 9 grams of fiber per cup.
- Berries contain a ton of phytonutrients (such as anthocyanins, quercetin, and ellagic acid) that have an antioxidant effect -THIS MEANS – They counter the natural oxidation in the body that contributes to aging of the tissues and many degenerative illnesses such as cancer, dementia, and damage to the arteries.
In fact, it’s hard to think of a body part that isn’t positively affected by these nutrients.
So . . . eat them regularly and they will DEFINITELY help you develop that six-pack!
I usually buy a big bag of frozen berries, they keep very well frozen . . . this means NO EXCUSES!
Stay strong and get sexy,