It is about that time to put up another recipe -You have to cook good to look good! Most people that are in shape do their own cooking, and do not rely on convenience foods daily.
I started cooking more often recently, and I have 2 simple rules when it comes to finding recipes –
1. They must be absolutely delicious
2. They must be extremely easy
I am a total klutz in the kitchen, but I try. I really do need a Fisher-Price “My First Cookbook”! I am not by any means Emeril Lagasse, but if an easy recipe makes me feel very close to being “The Next Food Network Star”, I am all over it!
Check this easy recipe out from the NY Times –
Asparagus Salad With Hard-Boiled Eggs
A classic Italian salad, there are many versions of this dish. Sometimes the asparagus are not cut up, just topped with chopped hard-boiled eggs and vinaigrette. I like to cut them into pieces and toss everything together.
1 pound asparagus
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or sherry vinegar, or 1 tablespoon each fresh lemon juice and vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or a mixture of parsley, chives and tarragon
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus. Steam forfive minutes. Refresh with ice-cold water, then drain and dry on paper towels. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. Cut the boiled eggs in half, mince the yolks and whites separately, and season with salt and pepper
3. In a salad bowl, whisk together the vinegar (or lemon juice and vinegar) and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the asparagus, capers and herbs, and toss together. Add the chopped egg yolks and whites, then toss together again and serve.
Yield: Serves four
Advance preparation: You can have all of the ingredients prepared hours before serving, but don’t toss them together until ready to serve.
Looks good! Try it out – let me know what you think!